s. tyler graves
University of South Carolina School of Law, J.D., 2017
University of South Carolina, B.S., Business Administration – Risk Management and Insurance, 2013
South Carolina, 2017
U.S. District Court, District of South Carolina, 2018
Tyler Graves is a trial lawyer with experience in representing both plaintiffs and defendants. His practice focuses on civil litigation, but he also has a broad scope of legal knowledge to handle any matter for his clients.
Tyler is a proud graduate of the University of South Carolina, where he earned his bachelor’s degree from the Darla Moore School of Business, majoring in Risk Management and Insurance, and then his law degree from the University of South Carolina School of Law. Tyler worked at an insurance consulting firm before deciding to go to law school and gained valuable experience with respect to insurance matters. While in law school, Tyler was on the Dean’s list and earned the CALI award in Fourth Circuit Practice. He also completed two judicial internships during law school, one for the Honorable Dennis W. Shedd, Circuit Court Judge for the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals, and the other for the Honorable Terry L. Wooten, Chief United States District Judge for the District of South Carolina.
After law school, Tyler served as a judicial law clerk under Chief Judge Terry L. Wooten. During his clerkship, he developed experience in a wide range of legal matters, including civil and criminal trials, general civil litigation, and criminal probation cases, which experience has proved invaluable in his current practice. Prior to founding Graves & Davis, LLC, Tyler worked at a law firm based in Charleston, South Carolina, where he represented and advised nursing homes, assisted living facilities, school boards, doctors, insurance carriers, small businesses, and individuals in matters ranging across the full legal spectrum.
Tyler grew up on James Island, where he currently lives with his wife (Sarah) and daughter (Campbell). They are also expecting their second child in January 2022.
other accomplishments, memberships, and activities:
- Fourth Circuit Judicial Conference Invitee (membership pending)
- Federal Magistrate Judge Merit Selection Committee (representative of Judge Wooten)
- Planning and Program Committee for the 80th Fourth Circuit Judicial Conference, Lawyer Member
- Judge Wooten Portrait Dedication Committee, Member
- First Baptist School of Charleston, School Board Member (2021-present)
- Phi Delta Phi International Legal Honor Society
- Gentleman’s Award recipient (First Baptist School of Charleston)
- Fundraising for Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation and Victory Junction Camp for children with medical issues
reach out for a free legal consultation.